Cranberry Orange Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- ½ cup oat milk or regular milk
- 1 cup Rotten Fruit Freeze Dried Cranberries
- Orange zest
- Rehydrate cranberries in a bowl of water for ~2-3 hours.
- Make sure butter is out of the fridge to soften.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) in large mixing bowl.
- Add in milk and butter until dough is formed. Drain cranberries. Mix in re-hydrated cranberries and orange zest until cranberries are evenly distributed. Okay to use your hands, but don’t overwork the dough. It will be a little crumbly.
- Separate dough into two batches, and make each into a disc shape, about 1 ½ inch thick. Cut each disc into six triangles (like a pizza). Try to tuck cranberries into the dough if they are exposed.
- Place the triangles onto a greased baking sheet. For a little flourish, brush milk on the top of the scones and sprinkle pinches of sugar over them. Bake 14-18 minutes until tops are golden brown. (Keep an eye on them, the bottoms can burn before the tops get very much color, depending on the oven).
- I like to serve these warm, cutting them in half with butter on top. They also keep well, and can be reheated in the microwave for a future afternoon tea or breakfast.
Note- this recipe was adapted from this ‘basic scone’ recipe: https://bakingamoment.com/basic-scone-recipe/
This recipe was courtesy of Sonya Hanson . Check check her Instagram for more.
If you also have a recipe using our healthy 100% Natural Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks, send it to us. We will share it with the #trfbcommunity. :)