Sweet Potato Muffins with Freeze Dried Fig & BlackBerry
These muffins are gluten-free and great as a breakfast option for the whole family. You can even add a Greek yogurt topping for some added breakfast goodness!
Check out Jade's Instagram @wonderfulwildaj
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (cooked by either roasting or steamed, then cooled)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup agave syrup (you can also use maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups homemade oat flour (measured after grinding in a blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup @therottenfruitbox figs
- 1 cup @therottenfruitbox blackberries (cut in half)
Optional: cut up walnuts sprinkled on top
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with nonstick spray and liners if you please.
- Make homemade oat flour by grinding oatmeal in a blender, measuring after blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed sweet potato, coconut oil, eggs, agave syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Add in freeze dried fruit and stir through.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This recipe is courtesy of Jade Heslop
Check her out on Instagram