This delicious Cupcakes are courtesy of Dawna Laramee.
Check her cool instagram sweet things @Flour_Shoppe
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature 85g
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 160ml
- 1 cup sugar 400g
- 1/2 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour 345g
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water room temperature preferred (235ml)
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 package of freeze dried pineapple from the rotten fruit box
- 3 drops of pineapple candy flavouring from get suckered
- Fresh pineapple pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two 8-inch round cake pans by lining the bottoms with a round of parchment paper and generously greasing and flouring the sides. Be sure to shake out excess flour.
- In a stand mixer (or using an electric mixer), beat butter on medium-low speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and oil and beat until all ingredients are well-combined and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and then stir in your vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Measure out your water
- With mixer on medium speed, gradually alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Stir until each one is almost completely combined before adding the next.
- Pause occasionally to scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- In separate bowl combine your egg whites and using a hand-mixer on high-speed beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold your egg whites into your batter. Take care to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so that ingredients are well-combined, and take care not to over-mix, add your package of freeze dried pineapple and 3 drops of pineapple flavouring fold into batter.
- Evenly divide cake batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake on 350F for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean or with few crumbs (should not be wet). For best results, rotate your cake pans halfway through baking to ensure even baking.
- Cakes will be a light golden brown when done baking.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Invert each onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating with buttercream, sprinkles and fresh piece of pineapple, that I allowed to dry on paper towel
If you also have a recipe using our healthy 100% Natural Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks, send it to us. We will share it with the #trfbcommunity. :)