This hard candy , heart shaped are a must do over the weekend break.
- Silicone mold of choosing
- 2 cups White sugar
- 2/3 cup Water
- Powdered dried fruit of choice
- Pieces of Dried-Fruit Strawberry (or other choice)
- Coloring agent (optional)
- Put powdered fruit into molds to get a light even layer
- Pour sugar and water in medium saucepan stirring until combined
- Place saucepan over high heat
- Stir constantly until it comes to a boil, then don’t touch until foamy or 305F if you have a thermometer on hand
- Once it has a foamy top layer remove from heat
- Stir in food color(optional)
- Pour into molds
- Put in fridge or cold area to start to hardening process
- Wait 5-10 min to semi solid and add pieces of dried fruit on top as desired
- Put back in cold area and wait 20-30 min till completely solidified and remove from mold.
This recipe is courtesy of Ashley @ashley.rondeau. You can check her on Instagram.
If you also have a recipe using our healthy 100% Natural Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks, send it to us. We will share it with the #trfbcommunity. :)