What about some delicious healthy cookies ? Make sure all the ingredients are as natural as possible and you have a delicious sweet thing to die for.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- Freeze dried berries (chopped or crushed) to taste
- Other desired fillings (spices, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc.) to taste
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, beat softened butter then add both sugars and mix for 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Lower speed slightly and beat in each egg one at a time. Add vanilla and continue to mix for another 2 minutes, scraping sides occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture in two portions, mixing at a low speed until just combined.
- You can add fruit and other fillings (spices, chocolate chips, nuts) and mix by hand at this point or wait if you want to do separate flavors.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to portion out cookies. Split ball in half and sprinkle freeze dried berries, spices, and any other fillings as desired, then reform into a ball.
- Some suggested filling pairings: strawberries with ground cardamom; blackberries with chopped pecans; raspberries with chocolate chips. Experiment to your heart’s and taste buds' content!
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheets, leaving room to spread out while baking. Sprinkle lightly with salt if desired.
- Bake for roughly 15 minutes (turning baking sheets at least once) until lightly golden brown around edges.
This recipe is courtesy of Vanessa Mayville. Check her out on Instagram.
If you also have a recipe using our healthy 100% Natural Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks, send it to us. We will share it with the #trfbcommunity. :)