Banana Poppy Seed Cookies
This recipe was courtesy of Lauren Marshall and it came from Sarah Kieffer’s book.
- 25 grams freeze dried bananas
- 332 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 227 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line two baking pans with parchment.
- Using a food processor fitted with a blade, process the freeze dried bananas until reduced to a powder.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, salt and banana powder.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creaming, about 1 minute. Add both the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the butter and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla and beat again on medium until combined. Scraping down the sides as needed. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until completely combined.
- Form the dough into balls weighing about 45 grams. Place 6 to 8 cookies on your pan 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake one pan at a time, rotating the pan half way through. Bake until sides look set and just turning golden, 10 to 11 minutes.
- Give the pan one good tap on the oven rack before removing from the oven. Let come completely before removing from the pan. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
For more follow Lauren on Instagram.
If you also have a recipe using our healthy 100% Natural Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks, send it to us. We will share it with the #trfbcommunity. :)